Connect with us

Sports

Thomas Lemar social media activity shows he is pretty much interested in Arsenal FC

Published

on

Thomas Lemar has been heavily linked to Arsenal Football Club this summer and the rumors of Thomas Lemar to Arsenal are refusing to go away.

Thomas Lemar drops subtle transfer hint on social media amid Arsenal links

Thomas Lemar himself just added fuel to the flames of rumors and news about him joining Arsenal Football club.

Social media has been on platform that proves to be the key to all the news and rumors about players leaving or staying at their respective clubs.

Players put pictures, videos and snaps of themselves doing certain things or putting certain captions that leads to many rumors about them.

Thomas Lemar drops subtle transfer hint on social media amid Arsenal links

 

Thomas Lemar did the same thing the other day as he has been spotted keeping a close eye on Alexandre Lacazette instagram account.

Thomas Lemar seems to be pretty much inspired by his international colleague joining Arsenal as he liked a training picture of him alongside Danny Welbeck and Mesut Ozil.

Alexandre Lacazette became Arsenal’s record signing, as Arsene Wenger paid £52.7million for the Frenchman.

Thomas Lemar drops subtle transfer hint on social media amid Arsenal links

Thomas Lemar is regarded as Wenger’s No.1 priority this summer but so far AS Monaco has made that clear that he is not for sale at any price.

AS Monaco had said same things about Tiemoue Bakayoko,  Bernardo Silva and Benjamin Mendy who later joined Premier League Clubs Chelsea and Manchester City respectively.

Arsenal are chasing Lemar for weeks now and have already seen two bids turned down by Monaco.

Thomas Lemar would cost even more than Lacazette to Arsenal, but is keen to work under Arsene Wenger at Emirates Stadium.

Arsene Wenger wants to add the dynamic youngster to the squad as he scored 14 goals and provided 14 assists last season.
Thomas Lemar drops subtle transfer hint on social media amid Arsenal links

Arsenal already have many Frenchmen at the Club with Olivier Giroud, Alexandre Lacazette, Laurent Koscienly and Francis Coquelin all Gunners.

AS Monaco has refused to do any business but it seems like they might be persuaded to do business later on.

Arsenal have had a good transfer window so far with addition of Alexandre Lacazette and left-back Sead Kolasinac from Schalke.

Meanwhile, On the pitch Arsenal are preparing for Community Shield show down with Chelsea on Sunday.

[poll id=”6″] ')}

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Atletico Madrid Star could be on his way to Arsenal in January

Published

on

By

ARSENAL ON THE VERGE OF SIGNING 33 YEAR OLD SPANISH GIANTS STAR

The Gunners have been weak at the back for quiet some time now. Unai Emery brought reinforcements but it seems the team can be improved far more. Rumor has it Arsenal were alarmed when they found that 33 Year Old Spanish Giants Star wants a move away from the club.

Arsenal have been alerted of the Brazilian Born Atletico Madrid full back Felipe Luis situation. Who was pushing for a move away from the Los Rojiblancos.

PSG were on put on high alert.

Atleti put a price tag on Felipe Luis which the French Champions were unwilling to pay.

https://twitter.com/EagleHeadline/status/1031506405059112961

The price tag was believe to be around 30 million euros.

Atleti put such a high price tag on the 33 Year Old Spanish Giants Star because there was very little time in the transfer window and they couldn’t find replacements in such a short time.

Sources close to Felipe Luis said,

They have spoken and they will speak with the player,

making it clear to him that he is considered an important part of the squad for both the club and the coach,

The wish is for him to stay.

he knows what he has to bring [in terms of a transfer fee] if he does want to leave.

Source:  Marca

Atleti have no plans to negotiate with the price they tag they have set on their full-back.

No formal offers have been made from PSG. But there seems to be a principle agreement between PSG and Felipe Luis.

French Champions have offered him a 2 year contract along with a year’s extension if he achieves the goals set for him.

Felipe Luis’ side of the story:

According to him the club went out of their way to “make his image worse“.

There was a chance to go to PSG,

I spoke to Atletico and asked them to let me go, just as they had released Gabi [who moved to Al Sadd] recently.

The club said that it wasn’t the same situation, despite similar periods of time remaining on our contracts.

In my situation there was little time before the window closed and finding a replacement would have been difficult.

When they said they did not want me to leave and they set a price that was not going to be paid, I accepted.

They said that I tried to force a move, but it’s a lie. I’ve got history with Atletico and it made me sad.

They tried to make my image worse at the club.

Source: Globesporte

THIS IS WHERE ARSENAL COME IN:

Arsenal have been following the Brazilian’s situation closely. Emery isn’t satisfied with the quality of full backs we have right now. We can move for him as early as January.

Since, his contract will end next summers. And it seems Felipe Luis has no plans to renew his contract.

So, Atleti might have to take a cut price deal.

He formerly played for our London rivals Chelsea FC.

Three weeks ago he told beIN SPORTS that his club weren’t willing to let him go.

Displaying luis.jpg

Three weeks ago I held a meeting with the club to tell them where I stood,

But the club told me that they did not want me to leave and would not negotiate a transfer. From then on in I did not push for an exit

He’ll be a great addition to our club. And surely he’ll aid us in fixing our defensive woes this year. ')}

Continue Reading

News

Arsenal receive defensive boost as Monreal extends contract

Published

on

By

Arsenal receive defensive boost as one of their top top players agrees to extend his contract.

Nacho Monreal’s contract ends next summer and news of his departure was stirring up.

Ever since Sead Kolasinac’s arrival the veteran Spanish defender became the 2nd favorite behind Kolasinac.

He was unhappy and wanted a move away from the club which alerted several clubs.

FC Barcelona were only one of the top clubs to be alarmed and quickly wanted the Spaniard’s signature.

Barceolna sold Lucas Digne to Everton for 20 million pounds and were looking for replacements as a back-up to  Jordi Alba.

They had their eyes set on Nacho Monreal who’s release clause is somewhere around 20 million pounds.

Now, the good news

Recently, in an interview, Nacho Monreal revealed that now he is closer than ever to agreeing a new contract with Arsenal.

He said,

 

At the moment we are talking with the club. I’ve always said I am really happy, I feel very happy playing for Arsenal.

I came six years ago. I have a good relationship with them. We are in contact in any moment so don’t worry about that. I am happy here. That is the most important thing.

That is my idea, that is what I want. We will see what happens but I feel good.

My idea is to play football until my body says ‘Nacho, so sorry but that’s the end’. But I think it is far [away]. I hope so.

You never know because your body, sometimes you start with some problems, some injuries and you can’t continue giving 100 per cent.

But at the moment I feel good so I am not thinking of my retirement.

source : skysports

This is a huge update. Considering that the team has been weak at the back for quiet some time now. And Monreal staying provides us a huge boost till we can improve our back four.

Nacho Monreal has been a crucial part of our team ever since he joined us back in 2010 from Spanish club Malaga for 10 million pounds.

He has been a crucial part of our defense but since Kolasinac’s arrival he went down the pecking order but whenever he’s player he’s given his 100%.

Captain Koscielny almost fully fit

Laurent Koscielny was seen training in the club’s London Colney training ground for the first time since May.

He received a knock during the Europa League 2nd leg tie with Atletico Madrid resulting in him to miss the World Cup which his team lifted in the Summer.

He had injured his Achilles tendon.

He was planning to retire from International football after the tournament but his injury caused him to miss the tournament.

He was seen training along with Alex Iwobi and Robert Pires during the international break.

We are not sure when he’ll be returning to first team action. But from the looks of it, the days don’t seem to be so far.

Emery speaking on the Frenchman’s condition said,

It’s difficult to know [when he could be ready to play again],” the Spaniard said.

You look at this morning, he’s running, he’s working on the pitch.

The progress is very good progress. He’s working very hard.

source : dailystar

We hope to see him in action soon as he is one of our longest serving players. ')}

Continue Reading

News

Gary Neville all praises for Arsenal

Published

on

By

Gary Neville Praises Arsenal and has his say on Arsenal’s  Attitude

 

With Arsenal’s two star players Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez not in the starting XI, victory seemed an impossible feat today.

Alexis Sanchez was left on the bench as he had featured in Arsenal’s Europa League tie against Cologne and Ozil was out with a knee problem.

In the absence of Ozil and Sanchez it was Danny Welbeck and Alex Iwobi who stepped up and they put up such and impressive display that the Ex Manchester United defender Gary Neville praised them for their performance.

Neville said that the two youngsters have set an example for their teammates.

In an interview with SkySports he told them that:

“Arsene Wenger made a difference,

“He chose attitude and hard work over talent.

“Iwobi and Welbeck did what Ozil and Sanchez didn’t do at Liverpool. They attached themselves to the two central midfielders. When I saw Xhaka and Ramsey in this team today, I thought they would get bulldozed in midfield, however, Iwobi tucked in, making Chelsea go wide and Welbeck did the same on the other side.

“When you think about Ray Parlour and the job he did for Arsenal over the years of course there would have been more talented players than him but he put in the hard work and showed the right attitude.

“In big matches at Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson went with Ji-sung Park and Darren Fletcher, why? Because they were the most talented players at the club? No, but because they needed to show discipline and respect for the opposition.

“Wenger chose a hard-working attitude over talent. They got into the shape and did the job that we’ve been demanding from them over the last few years.

“It’s not difficult and ultimately that video should go to Ozil and Sanchez because they do need to come back in, but if they are not going to do the job required, sit in the stands and let two players with less talent do the job you need to do in a big match.

He added:

“There’s no excuse for any player not to work back into a defensive position. The only player I saw have that luxury in 20 years was Cristiano Ronaldo and in big matches he was shoved up front.

“However, he scored 40 goals a season and United were winning things. That’s when you can get away with it. Sanchez does normally work hard but Ozil now has no excuse not to get back into his position after seeing that today.

“What Arsenal did today is show some respect at Stamford Bridge and they got the result because of that. I was delighted to see it because we’ve been crying out for it for many, many months.”

 

Gary Neville’s praise for Arsenal is justified and he is right we’ve been expecting this kind of performances from Arsenal for quiet sometime. Arsenal is a top top club. It deserves to be on the top. And it’s nice to hear Gary Nevilles praise Arsenal Not at the bottom. And it’s nice to see that Welbeck and Iwobi understand that as they gave their all for their club today.

 

The way Arsenal performed with and without the ball managed to impress the likes of Gary Neville. We also ended our 5 match losing streak against them. And this was also the first time Chelsea had failed to score at Home under Antonio Conte.

(more…)

Continue Reading

Trending